There are a number of scholarly opportunities coming up for Anabaptist thinkers. Please see the information below, which comes to us from the Mennonite Scholars and Friends at the AAR/SBL.
I. 2017 Call for Proposals – deadline approaching
The Mennonite Scholars and Friends at the AAR/SBL Program Committee invites proposals for short (15 minute) presentations on the theme of supersessionism—its nature, legacy, and/or efforts to overcome it. The contributions of biblical scholars, theologians, ethicists, historians, Jewish-Christian dialogue participants, and church leaders are welcome. The committee aims to stimulate a conversation about what these issues mean for Mennonites in the 21st century but does not expect that this will be the primary focus of every presentation.
Proposals of not more than 300 words should be submitted by April 1, 2017 to MennoniteScholarsForum@gmail.
II. Other announcements
Calls for Proposals
1. Mennonites and the Holocaust, conference, March 16-17, 2018, Bethel College, North Newton, KS. Proposals due September 1, 2017.
2. Word, Spirit, and the Renewal of the Church: Believers Church, Ecumenical and Global Perspectives, 18th Believers Church Conference, September 15-17, 2017, Goshen College, Goshen, IN. Proposals due April 1, 2017.
1. Anabaptist Theology: Methods and Practices, conference, June 7-9, 2017, Humanitas Anabaptist-Mennonite Centre,Trinity Western University, Langley, BC. Registration now open.
2. Crossing the Line: Women of Anabaptist Traditions Encounter Borders and Boundaries, conference, June 22-25, 2017, Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA.
Calls for Paper Submissions
1. The Conrad Grebel Review invites submissions on the themes of 1) sacramentality, due October 1, 2017; 2) the common good, due January 1, 2018.
2. Anabaptist Witness invites submissions on the theme of suffering and mission, due May 1, 2017.